Wednesday 23 October 2013

Sunshine Award


I want to thank Pre is for Preschooler for nominating me for the Sunshine Award. Please check out her blog, she has so many fun activities for preschoolers.  Although they are labelled as crafts and recipes for preschoolers, I know my teens would have fun with a lot of them.

Here are the rules for the award:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you. (Pre is for Preschooler, thank you so very much!)
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 question the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers who you believe deserve to be nominated and recognized.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all of those bloggers know that you nominated them for The Sunshine Award. (You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you).

Here are 11 random facts about myself...

  1. I still love to stomp in puddles.
  2. I love to crochet.
  3. When I was a kid I used to catch frogs in my backyard.
  4. I adore anything Coach (purses, shoes, jewellery, perfume, etc.).
  5. I don't like to wear socks and I will wait until there is snow on the ground until I dig them out.
  6. I always read before I go to bed.
  7. Aspertame causes me to go blind temporarily.
  8. I have wayyy too much yarn (but it's ok...see number 2).
  9. I was named after Lisa Marie Presley.
  10. I like for toilet paper to roll from the top
  11. I have moved 14 times in my life.

Pre is for Preschooler asked these questions:
  1. If you could be any animal, what would you choose - and why?  I would be a penguin.  They are wonderfully social, they are pretty and papa helps with rearing the babies...how wonderful is that? 
  2. How do you unwind?  I crochet...it always relaxes me (unless I am trying to design a pattern and it isn't working...then look out!)
  3. What is your greatest strength?  I am great at problem solving
  4. Have you ever been to another country? I have been to the U.S., England, Germany, Austria, Italy and Mexico.
  5. When did you start blogging?  <looks at watch>  about two months ago
  6. What is your social media or blogging pet peeve?  spammers who comment on my blogs solely to promote their replica shoes.
  7. What is your favorite time of year?  I love October because I love seeing the leaves change colour and getting ready for Halloween (I think I see a blog post here!)
  8. What's your favorite fall activity?  going to the pumpkin patch, picking the perfect pumpkin and then planning the design and carving it.  We also toast the seeds and enjoy them :-)
  9. What is your favorite Disney Movie?  If I had to pick just one, it would be Beauty and the Beast...the love story about how a woman can turn a beast into a great husband (bwaahaaa!)
  10. What post have you written that you're most proud of?  I would have to say that I am most proud of my very first blog entry because that was when I decided that I really wanted to blog and I figured out the direction that I wanted to go with my writing.  http://thehappym0m.blogspot.ca/2013/08/hi-my-name-is-lisa-and-i-am-mother-to.html
  11. Favorite fruit?  hmmm...kiwi


And my nominees are...(drum roll please...)

Here are my questions for the new nominees: 
  1. If you won a million dollars but couldn't spend it on yourself, what would you do with it?
  2. What is the most unusual thing in your purse?
  3. It's cold and raining outside and you are home alone.  What movie and snack would you choose?
  4. What is your favourite song right now?
  5. What is the oddest thing you have said to your spouse/children/significant other?
  6. If you could meet anyone in the past, present, or future, who would you choose?
  7. How would you describe yourself when you are angry?
  8. What makes you laugh?
  9. What is your favourite colour?
  10. Ballpoint pen, fountain pen, marker or pencil?
  11. Which of your blog posts was the most fun to write?
Congratulations on being nominated for the Sunshine Award.  Have fun!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award. I love your list. I still jump in puddles too. Thank you for sharing your lovely award with me xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine! I think it's so important to hang onto the kid inside :-) And you are very welcome...I just loved the look and feel of your website.

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS!!! This is so amazing and well deserved! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete